At Trinity Academy Cathedral, our Year 9 students ‘graduate’ at the end of Key Stage 3. This aims to raise their aspirations, and help make students feel more motivated for their upcoming GCSE studies.
At the end of their three year journey, parents will be invited to celebrate their child’s achievements at a memorable ceremony, complete with traditional cap and gown.
There are, however, a few requirements students must meet in order to graduate. These include:
- An excellent behaviour record (minimum of 250 net points per year)
- An excellent attendance record (minimum of 96% over the year)
- High attendance at extra-curricular activities (at least 70% attendance in a club of their choice)
- Participation in academy public speaking events
- On target or above in English, maths and science
- A good average score in Masters of Recall
There are different tiers of Graduation, dependent on how many criteria your child meets, ranging from a First Class to a Third.
Students are regularly updated and advised of their progress towards these targets. All students have a Graduation Journal to allow them to check whether they are on track and, if not, set targets accordingly. Students who exceed these targets and receive recommendations from staff will receive special awards.