Public Consultation on proposed changes to Cathedral Academy Admissions Policy 2022/2023
The Governing Body of Cathedral Academy is currently consulting on proposed changes to the Academy’s Admissions Policy for the 2022/2023 school year.
The changes we are proposing are to mirror the changes to the LA policy. The areas for consultation include:
- Extending the provision in the oversubscription criteria to give the highest priority for admission to children who were previously in state care outside of England. This provision does not alter the order of priority for Looked after Children and Previously Looked after Children
- The waiting list will be established on the offer day and maintained up to and including the end of the summer term in July 2023.
- Wording changes to the paragraph about repeat applications for year groups that are oversubscribed
- Wording changes to make it clearer how the LA will treat home addresses, fraudulent applications and shared care
- New section to explain how an application will be treated where there is a parental dispute and parents do not agree on their preferred choice of schools.
Applicants to Cathedral Academy would continue to apply using the Wakefield Council’s online application system.
Applicants for the CAPA Juniors Pathway must also complete the academy’s Supplementary Information Form (SIF).
This consultation will run from 7th December 2020 through until 31st January 2021. Responses to the consultation are invited to be made to the Principal and/or the Chair of Governors by 31st January 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the Principal’s PA for further information about the proposed changes to the Admissions Policy by telephone (01924 330640) or e-mail email@example.com.
The policy is available to view below. A copy is also available by request from reception.
We look forward to receiving any responses from interested parties and in response will decide on our final admission arrangements. Those decisions will be published on our website by the 15th March 2021.
Rob Marsh – Principal